Monday, April 25, 2011

just hello

Lately, I've been neglecting my blogs, my own personal diet, but I have kept up with my exercise. . Right now, I feel like my body is going through a plateau both physically and mentally. The familiar laziness has dawn upon me once again. The root of it I am still unsure, but maybe because summer is around the corner? possibly.

However, on another note, what I do enjoy watching is the Biggest Loser, and if you guys aren’t familiar with this show you should definitely tune in. The show airs weekly on Tuesdays on NBC at 8pm. The show embodies contestants all over America who are dealing with severe unhealthy weight issues that will eventually threaten their lives currently or later. The show challenges these individuals through grueling work-outs and dieting,  lastly ending their efforts in a weigh-in that will ultimately determine their destiny of staying another week or going home for good. Elimination is held each week. So far they are in mid-way through their season, and lost a combined 1,000 pounds and counting!  If that isn’t mind boggling than I don’t know what is! Seeing relatable people achieving real life-long results is amazing.. It makes me want to work out 10x harder.

Watch the show tomorrow and tell me what you think=)

3 comments:

  1. Regarding your first paragraph, I definitely understand where you are coming from. I feel like we all reach this wall that seems to block us from keep going and keep our motivation up. We tend to lose ourselves some way or another with the choices we make. And for me, it's not a natural habit of mine that I haven't quite acquired yet within my whole existence. The only good part of it is that once we become aware of it, we can get up and do it all over again. Nothing is ever too late achieve healthy habits.

    As for Biggest Loser, I just read this post right now so I didn't know it was on on Tuesdays. I have watched a couple of them and I did enjoyed watching it. Another one similar to the Biggest Loser that I watched a few times was Celebrity Fit Club. The things they do and go to those kinds of lengths are incredible. Also, how much they change within the seasons. I give them props for doing what they're doing. I mean, if they can do it, I can do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As people become older we all start to eat healthier and workout much harder to stay in shape and not to become over weight. In America this is one of the biggest problems we are experience is obesity among all ages. I have watched the Biggest Loser once and it was interesting to see but I always wonder want else they do to lose that much weight like pills or something else. I know it is very hard to lose a lot of weight so I don’t really trust everything on TV that I watch. As for you my suggestion is when you eat or buy food look at the calories on the back and at the gym workout with a partner to motivate you more. Good luck with everything, I liked your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww, combined for 1000 lost pounds ... it is so hard for me to even try to lose 5 pounds -__- Yeah, I try to workout every other day, like do some push ups and sit ups, but I get so lazy. I haven't done anything for the past 2 weeks, and I think that is why I suddenly gained 5 lbs out of nowhere. I honestly think working out takes a lot of dedication, and dieting is out of the story for me since I'm such a picky eater ...

    ReplyDelete